The University of Lincoln Student Green Fund is the perfect opportunity for students to gain valuable, real world, skills; and do something of value for the environment and local community.
With up to £250 supporting funds available, we’re giving students the chance to design, develop, and implement an environment related project – or use one of the pre-thought out projects below – and implement it!
You can work on your own or in a group – but, it’s more fun with more people!
To apply – complete the application form below.
Real world skills could include:
- Writing a business case
- Managing a budget
- Project management
- Time management
- Event management
- Team work
- Sustainability in the work place
- Design and creativity
- Campaign building
All we ask is that you give us a brief outline of what you want to achieve, how you want to achieve it and any projected costs. The brief will then be assessed by our Student Green Fund committee – and further questions will be asked if needed.
To apply – complete the application form
If you have any questions, or need help with any of the sections of the application, please email email@example.com or contact Tracey on 01522 886295
Stuck for ideas?
To get your started we’ve brainstormed a few ideas to help inspire you to come up with a project. The ideas below can be taken in
- Edible campus
- Encourage students to have a windowsill garden
- Swan watch – have a look at the local effects that have stopped swans populating the Brayford Pool
# Take back the tap
- Promote the use of water bottles over plastic bottles
- Increase awareness of the water fountains around campus
- Improve awareness of the benefits of tap water over bottled water
# Keep Minerva warm
- Psychology – study to work out why people don’t use the revolving doors
- Engineering – how can we restrict the usage of the disabled access doors, or conduct a study on the heat loss from the doorways
- Marketing/Communications – campaign to encourage the use of the revolving doors
# It’s all a bit visual
- Produce a documentary about environmental issues / energy savings
- Produce a radio program about environmental issues / energy savings
- Design logo’s / posters
- Create a sculpture depicting environment issues that face the university
# Become the key to persuasion
Set up a marketing and communications campaign to promote an environmental sustainability project or initiative:
- Sustainable transport – walking, cycling, car sharing
- ‘Switch it off’
- Reuse, reduce, recycle