Authorised Driver

If you drive a vehicle on University business other than your own (for example a hire car or one of the university owned vehicles) you must be listed as an Authorised Driver. This means that you are driving under the University’s insurance and this is applicable to all members of university staff and students from selected faculties. To apply for Authorised Driver status follow the link below for the application form.

  • The University insurance covers drivers within the limitations of their own driving licence.
  • Authorised Driver status is renewable on an annual basis (1st August to 31st July each year)
  • To drive a minibus for the university an additional minibus assessment must also be completed, please read ‘Minibus Driver Information’ for further information.
  • If you drive your own vehicle for university business you must have business use listed on your own insurance policy and be registered with Human Resources as a Personal Vehicle Registered Driver.
  • The university’s preferred supplier for hire vehicles is Enterprise Rent-a-car.

» Authorised Driver Application Form