All areas of the campus are monitored by the Security team, including CCTV and fire systems.
Security responsibilities include:
- Foot and mobile patrol of the campus
- Responding to all alarm activations
- Manning of the security office
- Out-of-hours point of contact
- Provision of security advice to staff and students
- 24/7 assistance on campus
Any queries or breaches in security should be reported to the Security team.
Submit A Request For Security
Access to premises
Normal access to all premises is agreed with colleges and departments.
The University operates a Lone Working Policy which all students and staff should follow.
If you require out-of-hours access, please contact Security.
Getting in touch
The main Security office is located in the Minerva Building. There is a second Security office in the Joseph Banks Laboratories.
For any queries or to report an incident, please contact Security using 01522 886062.