The University of Lincoln has been awarded the Bronze Award by Hedgehog Friendly Campus after our December submission.
Lincoln is one of 35 universities across the UK who have signed up for the Hedgehog Friendly Campus Scheme, which key aims are to promote how to look after hedgehogs and encourage more wildlife-friendly campuses.
To achieve Bronze, our university “hogfriendly” team has done the following:
– Held a Hedgehog Friendly Campus launch event in November
– Campaigned to #RememberHedgehogs during Bonfire Night
– Raised money for the British Hedgehog Preservation Society
– Set up a dedicated social media account – follow @UoLHedgie on Twitter
– Reminded our grounds team about hedgehog first aid
– Stickered all of our gardening equipment with reminders to take care around hedgehog habitats
– Provided information about hedgehogs on campus
– Organised litter picks
And much more! Keep an eye out for more events this year, including the creation of hedgehog habitats and feeding stations, a surveying workshop and first aid lecture.
Project updates can be found on our project page: Hedgehog Friendly Campus Project