As part of the University’s ongoing commitment to providing world-class teaching and research facilities, the Estates & Commercial Facilities team carried out a number of improvement projects during the 2015 summer vacation period.
This year’s projects included:
- Science Centre refurbishment
- Minster House heating and ventilation upgrades
- Joseph Banks Laboratories – fit out of fallow spaces
- Minerva Building lifts refurbishment
- Student Village – Courts 13-17 refurbishments
- Communications, Development & Marketing Office reconfiguration
- David Chiddick Building Learning Lounge
- Media, Humanities & Technology Newsroom 1 refurbishment
- Library Turnstile replacement
- Five-a-side pitches resurfacing
- Science Bridge refurbishments
Over the 92 days, we had 40 different companies working on our behalf, with many more sub-contractors working on our main project sites. During this period, our extended team completed 13,683 working days to improve the campus.
Find out more about the projects on our Minor Capital Projects page.