The University of Lincoln’s 200-hectare Riseholme Campus, acquired our Riseholme Campus in 1994. It can be found just north of Lincoln and is home to the Lincoln Institute for Agri-Food Technology (LIAT). The campus also comprises of a working farm, woodlands, grasslands and watercourses. The buried remains and earthwork of a mediaeval village are on site from a settlement that was established before the late 11th century.
Livestock who live here include the Lincoln Red, one of the oldest of the UK’s Native Breeds of beef cattle, and more recently, the rare Lincoln Longwool sheep, of which there are less than 800 breeding ewes left. Wildlife thrives on the estate.
Riseholme will be holding a Lambing Day event in March 2020, more details of the event will be found on our event page.
The Grounds Team is based at Riseholme Park and provides a range of services, including:
- delivery of high-quality grounds maintenance
- management of grass areas, lawns and sports fields, including marking of pitches
- horticultural features including shrubs and rose borders, seasonal bedding and planter schemes
- seed and vegetative propagation
- flowerbed and rose bed design
If you have a question about these services, please contact the team (details opposite).