Contractor Management

Please request the appropriate permit to work or access request by clicking on the buttons below:

Frequently Asked Questions

When is a permit to work required?

Permits to work are only required for hazardous activities, these are issued in accordance with our Operational Maintenance Procedure E&CF23.

Working adjacent to asbestos, on fire alarm systems, in confined spaces, on LEV and fume cabinets, hot works, high voltage electricity access, excavations, at height are all controlled under a works permit.

Responsibility for Contractors sites is handed over the relevant contractor.

How do I request a permit to access?

All contractors working on University properties must register at the Estates Support Desk and collect an access permit prior to works commencing on any University property. Permits to work can be applied for online, prior to the commencement of a project. Visit the link above to register.

Organised disruptive works

If works are disruptive, please inform the Estates Support Desk at least 5 working days in advance. This will ensure that we are able to send out communications to staff and students. Disruptive works are classed as anything from the below list:

  • Power outtages
  • Water shutdowns
  • Window/door repairs
  • Installation of exhibitions or sculptures
  • Signage installation
  • Closure of an access route such as a corridor or walkway
  • Redecoration works

If you are unsure whether your organised works will be disruptive, please contact us.