The CLEAN Hub Launch – the University of Lincoln has partnered with C.L.E.A.N to deliver our first-ever joint litter picking equipment library on the Brayford Campus.
Clean Lincoln Everywhere And Now is a platform for the community who want to be proactive in taking care of their environment. They have a free scheme using “CLEAN Hubs” loaning the equipment and information to safely perform litter picks anywhere across Lincolnshire either as an individual or in a group for free.
Due to current restrictions, we will not be able to facilitate large groups at the present time. Litter pickers on campus will be asked to socially distance and wear a mask.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in making a booking.
From left to right: Ryan Lovett, C.L.E.A.N, and Tracey Turton and Alex Foxley-Johnson from the Sustainability team put the hub together!
Can anyone book equipment from the UoL CLEAN Hub?
Whilst based on the Brayford Campus, this CLEAN hub is intended to benefit not only University staff and students, but also our local community. Anyone can book out equipment for a litter pick!
We ask that you contact us with at least a week’s notice at this present time.
Bookings and how they work right now:
The safety of our C.L.E.A.N team is paramount, so there are a few guidelines in place to keep us and you safe during the pandemic whilst enabling bookings. Please contact us at least a week in advance of the intended date of your litter pick.
Before a litter pick equipment request can be approved:
- You will be asked to fill in a booking form and return to us, along with a signed copy of our University of Lincoln CLEAN Hub Litter Pick Guidelines.
- Members of the public will need to fill in the University of Lincoln Visitor COVID-19 Exposure Declaration form and return it also.
- If your litter pick is not on the University Campus, you must have a waste management plan in place and have put in place a risk assessment for the event. Please do not leave waste in/by public bins without prior arrangement with the council.
- If your litter pick is organised to take place on a University Campus, please inform the Sustainability team of how many bags of waste has been collected and which bin you have put it in so we can include it in our statistics.
Once you’ve had your booking confirmed, a member of the Sustainability team or C.L.E.A.N will then provide you with the location of the hub and arrange to meet you there. They will also meet you when you return the items as well. The equipment will be sanitised before you pick it up.
During your litter pick, we ask that:
- Litter picking teams only consist of;
- your bubble.
- yourself and one other person as stated in current government guidelines.
- You wear a mask on campus – unless you are medically exempt.
- You socially distance from others whilst using the equipment.
- You sanitise the equipment upon collection and return of the equipment.
- Equipment must be returned on the same day of your event.
If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been asked to isolate, you must not attend a litter pick. We are happy to help you reorganise your litter pick for another time – please let us know if you need to cancel your pick up.
What equipment is available?
We can provide the following equipment:
- Litter pickers
- Litter loops (for bin bags)
- Disposable gloves
- Bin bags
- Dustpan & brush
- High vis vests
Equipment will be sanitised between each booking.
The University of Lincoln in partnership with Clean Lincoln Everywhere And Now.