The Space Management team manages all requests for changes to the allocation, configuration and use of space, as well as all requests for additional space. All requests are handled through our Space Change Procedure (ECS 40), which is available to view on our Policies & Procedures page.
Please contact the Space Management team at any time to discuss your requirements. We would recommend contacting us as soon as you have identified a potential requirement, so that we can work with you to develop the details.
To submit a formal Space Change Request, please email the Space Management team (email@example.com). In order to recommend your request for approval, we will require the following information. It would therefore be helpful if you could use the following structure in your request:
Information required for a valid Space Change Request
1. What is proposed?
2. Which spaces are affected?
3. What are the benefits of the proposed change in the context of the University’s current Strategic Plan?
4. What evidence is there that making this change will deliver these benefits?
5. Start date (date from which the change is required / desired) *
6. End date (either a defined date or permanent / until further notice)
7. Evidence of approval by one of the following: for requests from a College – the relevant Head of College, College Director of Operations or College Manager. For requests from a professional service area – the relevant Head of Service or SMT representative.
* Note: implementation times will depend on the Estates & Campus Services team’s workload and the nature of the request. We are currently accepting new requests for implementation from Summer 2018 onwards. However, we will handle urgent / minor requests on a case-by-case basis.