All areas of the campus are monitored by the Security team, including CCTV and fire systems.
Security responsibilities include:
- Foot and mobile patrol of the campus
- Responding to all alarm activations
- Manning of the security office
- Out-of-hours point of contact
- Provision of security advice to staff and students
- 24/7 assistance on campus
Any queries or breaches in security should be reported to the Security team.
Access to premises
Normal access to all premises is agreed with colleges and departments. Opening times are listed here.
The University operates a Lone Working Policy which all students and staff should follow.
If you require out-of-hours access, please contact Security via the Support Desk.
Getting in touch
The main Security office is located in the Minerva Building. There is a second Security office in the Joseph Banks Laboratories.
For any queries or to report an incident, please contact Security using the details on the right of this page.